Welcome to our modern society, where everyone’s data is just a click away from falling into the wrong hands. That’s why protecting your customers’ personal information is a must.
Disclaimer: This is not in any way legal advice, you’ll have to consult your legal team for that. We are here to give you friendly advice, so here are seven simple steps to help you comply with the GDPR law.
- Train and teach your team about data protection and your company’s protocols.
- Name a data controller whose job will be to make sure you process only the necessary data and that you store it properly.
- Secure your systems to prevent a security breach. Know what type of information you store and how you process it.
- Be transparent and make it easy for people to both opt-in and opt-out of your communication.
- Be prepared in case your data gets compromised. Know how to handle the situation, who needs to be informed, and what steps are necessary.
- If you feel the need, you can hire a professional data protection officer to oversee your strategy and make sure you follow privacy laws.